- New CCBE Presidency for 2019
- The CCBE’s recent activities in the context of e-evidence and e-Justice
- The 7th World Congress Against the Death Penalty to be held in Brussels from 26 February to 1 March 2019
- Finnish Bar Projects for 2019
- “Advokatsamfundet” celebrates its 100th anniversary
- Day of the Endangered Lawyer
The Council of Bars and Law Societies of Europe (CCBE) appoints a new Presidency starting from January 2019
During its Plenary Session on 29 November 2018, the CCBE nominated José de Freitas (Portugal) to become its new President starting from 1 January 2019. He takes over from Antonín Mokrý. His presidency will be supported by Ranko Pelicarić (Croatia) as 1st Vice-President, Margarete von Galen (Germany) as 2nd Vice-President, and James MacGuill (Ireland) as 3rd Vice-President.
International Migrants Day: The CCBE recalls the crucial importance of ensuring legal assistance for all asylum seekers
Today is International Migrants Day, the maximum expression of overcoming adversity to live a better life and celebrated as a result of Resolution 55/93 of the United Nations General Assembly.
- The CCBE event of the year: The Artificial Intelligence – Humane Justice Conference in Lille
- The November Plenary: The CCBE Human Rights Award along with powerful speeches
- The Conference on the Effectiveness of Justice Systems (30 November 2018, Vienna)
- European Lawyers’ Day: Lawyer visibility and promoting the Rule of Law
- Migration – European Lawyers in Lesvos (ELIL) needs your help
- Court of Justice of the European Union: As from 1 December 2018, e-Curia will become mandatory for the exchange of legal documents between parties’ representatives and the General Court.
- Globalising lawyers’ practice in Asia
Today marks the 70th anniversary of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, adopted by the United Nations (UN) in 1948.