The Council of Bars and Law Societies of Europe (CCBE) granted its 2018 Human Rights Award to Polish lawyer, Mikołaj Pietrzak, for his exceptional involvement and continuous work in support of human rights and the Rule of Law.
- An event you can’t miss: The CCBE conference on AI and Humane Justice
- The CCBE Standing Committee
- E-Evidence: The CCBE’s position on the Commission’s proposal on electronic evidence in criminal matters
- Publication of the CEPEJ report evaluating the European judicial systems
- Modernising and digitilising EU civil judicial cooperation
- Consumers’ collective interests: The CCBE’s position
- European Lawyers Day 2018 – Why lawyers matter: Defending the defenders of the rule of law
- Guaranteeing legal assistance to all persons requesting international protection
- The CCBE Autumn Reception: “The role of the EU in the rule of law”
- TRADATA (Training of Lawyers on the EU Data Protection Reform)
The CCBE expresses its concerns over the potential creation of controlled centres and landing platforms for migrants
The CCBE stresses the need to guarantee legal assistance to all asylum seekers.
- The CCBE Standing Committee: Director-General Tiina Astola’s speech on EU lawyers’ issues
- Winners of the first ERA-CCBE Young Lawyers Contest
- Publication of the CCBE-CEPEJ Guide to Mediation for Lawyers
- The Czech Brussels Office celebrates its 10th anniversary
- The Lithuanian Bar Council appoints its new delegation to the CCBE
- Training Lawyers on Asylum and Immigration Law
- Human rights – The Dark side of the moon: The normalization of the state of emergency and the situation of the judiciary in Turkey
- The Rule of Law in Venezuela
The Council of Bars and Law Societies of Europe welcomes EU Rule of Law initiatives regarding Poland and Hungary
The regulation of the profession, the defence of the Rule of Law, human rights and democratic values are the most important missions of the CCBE. Areas of special concern include, amongst others, the right of access to justice, the development of the Rule of Law, and the protection of the individual citizen.