The new CCBE Presidency takes office as of 1st January 2020
Focus: Human Rights
• CCBE Human Rights Award 2019
• Three questions to Marie Arena
• Day of Endangered Lawyer 2020
CCBE in action
Bar & Law Societies activities
The Council of Bars and Law Societies of Europe (CCBE) grants its 2019 Human Rights Award to four Iranian lawyers currently in prison: Nasrin Sotoudeh, Abdolfattah Soltani, Mohammad Najafi and Amirsalar Davoudi.
- CCBE Standing Committee in Copenhagen
- New European Commission
- Democracy, the rule of law and fundamental rights
- Spotlight on European lawyers: Romana Orlikowska-Wrońska
The Council of Bars and Law Societies of Europe (CCBE) is utterly shocked by the murder of Dutch lawyer Derk Wiersum this morning.