The CCBE is currently seeking to recruit an Office Manager
The Council of Bars and Law Societies of Europe (CCBE) represents the bars and law societies of 45 countries and, through them, more than 1 million European lawyers. The CCBE is currently recruiting a full-time Office Manager to cover a maternity leave, from September 2021 to January 2022. Due to current health measures, part of the replacement contract may be conducted remotely.
The post holder will be expected to:
- Manage the accounting of the association and any financial issue that arises; this includes the receipt and control of invoices, payments, encoding of financials, monthly internal reporting, quarterly audits with external auditors, VAT declarations and any legal obligation;
- Manage payroll and staff, including absences, employment contracts, recruitments, and the liaison with the Social Secretariat;
- Manage the office administration; this includes contracts, guidelines and procedures, and the maintenance of premises;
- Manage the organisation of events;
- Report directly to the Secretary-General.
The ideal candidate should have:
- a background in administration, finance, or human resources;
- a proven experience in the accounting of associations and financial management and a knowledge of the Belgian accounting rules;
- a proven experience in payroll management and staff management and a knowledge of the Belgian labour legislation;
- proficiency in French and English, any other language being an asset;
- good written and oral communication skills;
- computer literacy (Office 365, etc).
The successful candidate will be offered a replacement contract with an attractive remuneration package based on his/her experience.
Should you be interested in this position, please send the following information by 31 July 2021, exclusively by e-mail, to Véronique Jamart (email@example.com): a short CV and a cover letter of no more than one page explaining why your skills would match the job.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the interviews.