Secretary General, Brussels
The Council of Bars and Law Societies of Europe (CCBE) represents the bars and law societies of 32 member countries from the EU, EEA and Switzerland, and the bars and law societies from a further 13 associate and observer countries, and through them more than 1 million European lawyers.
Applications are sought for the position of Secretary General.
The post requires a dynamic individual who assists the Presidency in advising the CCBE on strategy on all matters affecting the interests of the European legal profession. The Secretary General will have overall responsibility for the management of the CCBE’s offices based in Brussels.
The Secretary General will need the following qualifications and experience:
- a legal background
- an extensive experience with EU politics and the practice of lobbying
- an ability to represent the CCBE before European institutions and other international legal organisations at the highest level based on comparable experience
- excellent written and oral communication skills in English and French
- management experience of staff, meetings, and budgets
- a knowledge of European law
Please send your CV, with a letter explaining why you are applying for the post, no later than Friday 6 November 2020 to Véronique Jamart (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Only candidates who are shortlisted will be contacted.