CCBE is currently seeking to recruit a Legal Advisor
The Council of Bars and Law Societies of Europe (CCBE), which represents more than 1 million lawyers through its member Bars and Law Societies from 45 countries, is looking for a Legal Advisor to help develop CCBE policies and promote them towards the EU institutions and other European and international organisations.
In particular, the post holder will be expected to:
- Contribute to CCBE policy developments and their implementation by performing legal and factual research in European law and responding to issues and legislative proposals that impact the legal profession, including the preparation of position papers at a committee level, development of lobbying strategies, and interaction with relevant institutional actors and stakeholders;
- Co-ordinate and provide input into the work of various CCBE committees and working groups;
- Maintain and establish relationships and contacts with relevant representatives and officials in the EU institutions and other European and international organisations and stakeholders;
- Ensure timely and comprehensive reporting of policy input, strategies and events or meetings to CCBE bodies and members;
- Contribute to projects in the area of Justice, Rule of Law, Human Rights and the exercise of the legal profession in general;
The ideal candidate will have a university degree in law, and 3 years of advocacy activities or regular professional dealings with the EU institutions, preferably in an advocacy role. A lawyer’s qualification from an EU Member State is an asset, as is work experience in the European institutions, and practical experience in projects. Excellent communication skills in French and English are essential.
This is a full-time post based in the CCBE’s headquarters in Brussels. It is a challenging role, calling for team-work and flexibility, initiative and planning, plus the ability to relate well to external contacts at any level.
The successful candidate will be offered a permanent contract with an attractive remuneration package based on his/her experience (including lunch vouchers, 13th month, health insurances and pension scheme).
Please send a detailed CV and covering letter to Véronique Jamart at email@example.com by no later than Friday 11 December. Interviews will take place the week after. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
CCBE is currently seeking to recruit a Communication Intern
The Council of Bars and Law Societies of Europe (CCBE) AISBL is the voice of European lawyers representing the bars and law societies of 45 European countries, and through them more than 1 million European lawyers. To strengthen its communication activities, the CCBE is currently seeking to recruit a Communication Intern for a fixed period of 6 months, starting as soon as possible in 2021
The successful candidate will work closely with the Communication Manager and should have:
- A graduate in journalism or communication;
- a very good command in video editing on Adobe Premiere;
- an excellent knowledge of English and French, both writing and oral;
- computer, web and social media literacy (more particularly Twitter and LinkedIn, newsletters, websites, communication campaigns, infographics, PowerPoint etc.);
- a first experience with communication media (press releases/kits, development of journalist networks, composition of press lists according to events, etc.);
- should be organised, communicative, motivated, with a keen interest in the legal activities;
- able to work in a small team and to show flexibility and creativity in the face of changing and challenging professional situations
The fixed term convention is a Belgian “Professional immersion agreement” and the monthly salary is 797 € net.
Should you be interested in this position, please send by Friday 5 December, exclusively by e-mail, to Véronique Jamart (firstname.lastname@example.org) the following information: a short CV and a cover letter (in English) of no more than one page explaining why you feel that your skills match the job.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
The interviews will take place on the week of 14 December.