CCBE is currently seeking to recruit a Legal Policy Intern
The Council of Bars and Law Societies of Europe (CCBE) represents the bars and law societies of 46 European countries, and through them more than 1 million European lawyers. The CCBE liaises with the EU institutions on matters of interest to the legal profession. The CCBE is currently recruiting a Legal Policy Intern for a period of 6 months, starting mid-September 2023. The main task of the Legal Policy Intern will be to support the work of the CCBE’s Legal Affairs team, especially as regards the management of the different CCBE committees and working groups.
The successful candidate should have:
- a strong background in law, preferably related to EU law and (relevant) policies
- the ability to understand and appreciate issues which are of interest to the legal profession at an EU level
- a good knowledge, and possibly some experience, of EU law and EU institutions
- proficiency in French or English and a working knowledge of the other; the knowledge of any other language is a plus
- the ability to show initiative and to work independently where necessary
- excellent written and oral communication skills, capability of analysing complex issues in a short time and summarising them in a succinct way (essential)
- computer literacy (Office 365, etc)
What the CCBE offers:
- A full-time challenging internship position in a small team with a dynamic and international work environment in Brussels with regular contacts with EU institutions;
- A Belgian “Convention d’immersion professionelle” (professional immersion agreement approved by Bruxelles Formation) with a monthly salary of 1,200 EUR net, and a possible intervention in public transportation in Brussels;
- The opportunity to meet and work with high-level justice representatives and experts from across Europe.
Interested applicants should send by Friday 30 June, exclusively by e-mail, to Véronique Jamart (email@example.com) the following information: a short CV and a cover letter of no more than one page explaining why your profile would match the job.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the interviews.