The Council of Bars and Law Societies of Europe AISBL (hereafter: the CCBE) is a non-profit organization under Belgian Law. Its members are the national bars, bar associations and law societies of 45 countries from the European Union, the European Economic Area, and wider Europe. The CCBE is recognised as the voice of the European legal profession representing, through its members, more than 1 million European lawyers.
In line with its objectives and core values, the CCBE fully commits to respecting the privacy of citizens and to uphold their right to protection of their privacy.
The lawful and correct treatment of personal information as very important to us for maintaining the confidence of those with whom we deal.
Processing of visitors’ and users’ personal data
- It is not necessary to provide us with any of your personal information: you can visit our site, find out about our activities and positions, learn about our latest news, without registering your personal data.
If you choose to provide us with your personal information, we will treat your data confidentially, in accordance with the legal provisions.
- Your data will only be used to inform you about our activities through our Newsletter, announce our events, share with you our views, positions and press releases and – occasionally – have your views through a survey.
- Your data is safe with us. As the data processing is based solely on your consent, you may withdraw your consent at any time by unsubscribing from our communications or by sending a written request to the CCBE, without prejudice to the lawfulness of the processing undertaken prior to the withdrawal of your consent. The CCBE will never sell or rent personal data to third parties. Your data will only be shared with subcontractors responsible for our IT infrastructure, the development and maintenance of our website and extranet, to the extent necessary for the execution of their respective tasks. We will of course make sure that these subcontractors guarantee the security and confidentiality of your data.
- You are in control of your data. Your data is stored and processed until you ask us not to do so anymore. You can ask to be informed which type of processing is being undertaken, you have the right to access your personal information, the right to prevent processing in certain circumstances and the right to correct, rectify, block or erase information which is regarded as wrong information, and of course, you have the right to be forgotten
- Personal data will be stored securely and will only be accessible to authorised staff and, exceptionally, subcontractors. Information will be stored for only as long as you wish and will be disposed of appropriately when it can no longer be used.
- If you have any question or believe that we are not respecting your privacy, please send a letter or email to us (firstname.lastname@example.org). We will examine and if necessary correct the problem. If you would like more information, or if you wish to lodge a complaint, please contact the Belgian Data Protection Authority (https://www.dataprotectionauthority.be/) Rue de la Presse 35, 1000 Brussels (tel +32 (0)2 274 48 00; fax +32 (0)2 274 48 35) e-mail: commission(at)privacycommission.be